You can now register for Certification in Creative Placemaking program offered by the City and Regional Planning Division of The Ohio State University's Knowlton School of Architecture.
Payment can be made by credit card or check. We will also accept institutional purchase orders as a guarantee of payment.
The Certification is the only program in the United States to provide practical and graduate-level learning in the emerging field of creative placemaking. Successful participants will learn:
- how to succeed in community and economic development through arts and culture
- tools and methods for conducting smart, cost-effective analysis for decision-making
- how to build the capacity of communities and local leaders to sustain creative placemaking
- site planning, to help them determine the best places for arts and cultural activities to occur
- how different types of communities succeed in marketing themselves
- entrepreneurial leadership skills, so they can convince and persuade decision-makers
Participants who successfully complete the program, which runs from August 26, 2013 to June 2014 will receive a Certification in Creative Placemaking. Participants can also receive graduate credit for the program. (There is a separate registration to pursue graduate credits; graduate fees for all seven credits include continuing education tuition)
If you have any questions, please contact the program director, Leonardo Vazquez by email or at 973-763-6352.