New Jersey Creative Placemakers, the new network for people who want to make Jersey communities better through arts and culture, is scheduling several learning and social activities in 2017. Here's a sneak peek at what we're working on:
- March 23, 10 am to noon: Help shape the next Regional Plan for the New York City metropolitan area, then join us for lunch in downtown Newark, NJ. (Only 10 seats left). Learn more or register
- Late April (tentative): Book talk and social: How to Do Creative Placemaking, a new work by the National Endowment for the Arts. Late afternoon/evening, Hammonton, NJ
- May 5, 8:30 to 4, Thriving Together, the next Creative Placemaking Leadership Summit and 4-7 pm, Reception honoring Donna Drewes, Newark, NJ Learn more or register for the
Summit or register for only the reception.
- May 25, 4 to 7 pm: (date confirmed, time tentative): Learning Tour and social: Morristown, NJ. Learn about the great creative placemaking work in Morristown and explore opportunity areas. Then stay around for a social at a local bar or restaurant.
- Early to mid June, on a Saturday morning: Learning Tour and social: Maplewood and South Orange, NJ
- Late July, late afternoon/evening: Learning Tour and social: Hackensack, NJ
- September, on a Saturday: Learning Tour and social: Orange, NJ
|Hackensack CAT Arts Walk, June 2016|
To get regular updates on New Jersey Creative Placemaker learning events and social activities, subscribe. (Choose New Jersey Creative Placemakers and any other information updates from the list.)
New Jersey Creative Placemakers is a joint production of The National Consortium for Creative Placemaking and PlanSmart New Jersey. It is made possible in part through the generous support of the National Endowment for the Arts, New Jersey State Council on the Arts, and Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation.