The National Consortium for Creative Placemaking is a leading source of learning about the growing field of creative placemaking. Partnering with The Ohio State University and other organizations, we offer several ways to help you build your knowledge and skills.
|Internationally-known public art guru Jane Golden speaks |
at 2014 Creative Placemaking Leadership Summit
If you would like to learn a little about creative placemaking, or explore its connections to equity and sustainability, try any of our upcoming webinars:
- Creative placemaking: integrating community, cultural and economic development, Tuesday, February 10, 2 pm to 3:30 pm (all times eastern)
- Creative placemaking and human needs placemaking, Tuesday, March 10, 2 pm to 3:30 pm
- History of creative placemaking in the United States, Wednesday, April 7, 2 pm to 3:30 pm
- Cultural districts and cultural institutions: suns or black holes, Tuesday, May 5, 2 pm to 3:30 pm
- Community coaching: a new way to speak truth to power, Tuesday, June 9, 2 pm to 3:30 pm
- How creative placemaking can help build more resilient communities, Tuesday, July 9, 2 pm to 3:30 pm
Each webinar is $40. We will request 9 AICP Certification Maintenance credits for all the sessions, including 1.5 ethics credits. Learn more or register for the webinars.
Graduates of the Certification in Creative Placemaking program are among the smartest and most well-prepared creative placemakers in their area. This is the program for those who want to build a career in this growing field.
Through this challenging and unique program, participants learn about many aspects of creative placemaking --
- Community development
- Economic development
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Team and community building
- Site planning
- Cultural tourism
- Entrepreneurial leadership
Students -- who are professionals and graduate students at all levels and come from around the world -- learn in several ways: reading scholarly work and studies, engaging in thoughtful conversations with instructors and classmates, participating in monthly leadership development sessions, and working on a project in a community of their choice.
The program runs from August 2015 to June 2016. Tuition is $3,500, and we are submitting the program for 18 AICP Certification Maintenance credits.
To learn more, join an information session: January 13, February 11, March 12, April 16, May 12, June 17, or July 14
NCCP conducts a variety of presentations on creative placemaking throughout the year. Our next presentations will be:
January 26, Atlantic City, NJ: American Society of Landscape Architects, New Jersey chapter, Annual Meeting,
Training sessions and other events
NCCP is planning a number of training sessions and events on creative placemaking in 2015. To get updates on these:
- Visit the NCCP website
- Like NCCP on Facebook
- Follow NCCP on Twitter
- Subscribe to the NCCP newsletter
Webinars and the Certification in Creative Placemaking are produced in partnership with the City and Regional Planning section of The Ohio State University's Knowlton School of Architecture. Webinars, as well as training sessions and other events in New Jersey, are made possible in part by the generous support of the New Jersey State Council on the Arts and the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation.