We're working hard on the Creative Placemaking Leadership Summits for 2018, and there is a lot of news to report:
- Please hold March 14 and 15 for the Southeast Creative Placemaking Leadership Summit. We'll soon announce where it will be.
- The DC-area Creative Placemaking Leadership Summit will be held either October 5 and 6 or October 19 and 20, most likely in College Park, Maryland. The DC-area Summit region includes Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Virginia. It will focus on these themes:
- Protecting and enhancing historic, cultural and environmental assets
- Leading community change
- Building stronger ecosystems for creativity
- Empowering communities
- The Northeast Corridor, which explores issues affecting communities in Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusets, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Vermont, will be May 3 and 4 in New Jersey. (Location TBD)
- We will be sending out a new RFP in October, after we have reviewed the first round of proposals with the planning teams.
- It's always good to make more friends. New partners and supporters for the Leadership Summits include ArtPlace America, Metris Arts Consulting, Mortimer and Mimi Levitt Foundation, and the New England and New York Metro chapters of the American Planning Association.
To get updates on Leadership Summits or other programs produced by NCCP, sign up for our newsletter, Like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.